Policy Subject: Visitation Policy, Covid 19 Visitation Policy
Section: Covid Policies, Infection Control, Visitation
Effective Date: April 2022
It is the policy that during the COVID-19 pandemic per local guidance; Grand Oaks of Palm City, Jensen Beach and Okeechobee may permit residents to have visitors in outdoor and/or indoor settings in accordance with the following guidelines.
1. In person visitation is allowed in all the following circumstances, unless the resident objects:
a) End-of-life situations.
b) A resident who was living with family before being admitted to the provider’s care is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
c) The resident is making one or more major medical decision.
d) The resident is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member.
e) The resident needs encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
f) The resident who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
2. The resident has the option to designate a visitor who is a family member, friend, guardian, or other individual as an essential caregiver. Grand Oaks allows visitation by the essential caregiver for at least 2 hours daily in addition to any other visitation already authorized by Grand Oaks.
3. Grand Oaks will publicly post their visitation policy on the home page of their website.
4. These policies shall outline hours for visitation, infection control and education policies for visitors, and additional health or safety procedures that visitors are subject to.
5. Grand Oaks is authorized to request a visitor to agree to the policy and procedures in writing. However, the policy and procedures may not be more stringent than what is required for their staff.
1. Residents may have visitors 24 hours a day unless the visitations infringe upon the rights of other residents including resident right to a peaceful environment.
1. All visitors must follow community screening and infection control policies while visiting, including handwashing and social distancing from those they are not visiting with.
2. Visitation may involve limitations including duration, number and age of visitors, days and/or hours during a day when visits will be permitted, and frequency including the number of times during a day or week visitation may occur to accommodate visitation requests, help ensure adequate staffing, and help provide a safe environment.